Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy Saint Patrick's Day!

When I was in second grade, I remember we had to write a short paragraph and draw a picture of what we would do if we found a pot of gold. I wrote that I would pay Billy Joel to sing at my 9th birthday party (he couldn't make it to my 8th, unfortunately.)

After we finished, my teacher looked at all of our projects and yelled at us saying that we were way too selfish. Other students said they would buy a car, or give it to their stepfather as a bribe to move out, or built the White House on the moon and become president of the moon.

Apparently, she was expecting us to write that we would give all of our gold to Nicaraguan children. (There was some shit going on there in the early 90's, right? I don't know. I guess I was too busy watching Animaniacs instead of 60 Minutes when I was 8 years old. Fuck me for being so unaware!)

Even though the assignment pretty much called for us to be selfish, I always felt bad about it. Now, that I have this great UCBComedy blog to express myself, I'd like to redo this assignment from second grade to show how selfless I truly am.

If I found a pot of gold right now, I would totally give it to Nicaraguan Children.

Oh, hey, I'm starting a new improv troupe called Nicaraguan Children if anyone wants to be a part of it. We just got this amazing pot of gold...

But to truly understand the art of improvisation, I suggest you watch this video:

No comments: