Sunday, January 18, 2009

One Great Sketch for Monday

For those of you who don't follow sports, know that pigs were spotted in the skies above Kansas yesterday while Satan sat and licked an ice cream cone. What that vivid imagery refers to is the Arizona Cardinals, who for the first time ever are going to the Super Bowl. It's also the first time ever the Arizona Cardinals will be respected by anybody, and the fourth time ever I won't be ashamed to tell somebody, "Yes, I'm from Arizona." Haha, I kid. I love movie theaters, golf courses, and old people.

From what I hear, football is beloved around the world. Brits love football, the Irish love football, and the Spanish love "futbol" (imagine an accent over the "o")*. I can only assume that they're all referring to the same thing. Otherwise, why would they call it that? Anyhoo, in honor of what the Europeans occasionally like to refer to as "American soccer," here's a great sketch written by Tim Saccardo:

Dumping Gatorade on Coach



*I only realized after typing this that I used the US and three western European countries to represent "the world." What can I say? I'm a Western Hemisphere sort of guy, and I don't like to throw my throwing stones too far from the front porch, if you get what I mean.

No comments: