Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Spotlight On: Some of my Faves

Yesterday, I came across an article on the Huffington Post about the New York Comedy Festival not featuring any women this year.

I'd like to quote female comedienne, Tom Cruise: "Now, I'm not going to get mad. I'm not going to FREAK OUT."

For realsies, though, there's no way for anyone to express an opinion on it because the entire line-ups aren't even posted. So take that, Arianna Huffington.

(Oh my God, just joshin' Arianna. I LOVE you!)

(You guys, is Arianna mad at me?)

(Just tell me. Is she?)

Anyway, as Matty began doing spotlight posts, I would like to use this opportunity to spotlight some funny people on the site (who happen to be women) that I respect.


1.) Jackie Clark and Julie Klausner - Their "Welcome to Our House" series is one of the few web-series you can watch over and over again and still find something new to laugh at every time. They're so silly and aren't afraid to get weird. Watching their videos always puts a smile on my face - even if there's already a smile. I call it the double-smile. I wish they could be my parents.

2.) Dannah Feinglass and Danielle Schneider - Their personifications of celebutantes are pitch-perfect, among other hilarious characters they do. Every time I've seen them perform, I always think, "This sketch is really sad and dark and adorably hilarious." Also, I wish they could be my legal guardians.

3.) Jessica Chaffin and Jamie Denbo, are, of course as we all know, Ronna and Bev. From mole removals to reading glasses to French tips, they portray Jewish women to a Tet. (A Tet, I think, is a Hebrew 'T' - don't quote me on this. Tet is also the Vietnamese New Year. That you can quote me on ; I do a lot of crossword puzzles instead of making friends... or being a good Jew, for that matter.) Needless to say, these two have inspired me since I came to LA, and I wish they were my god-bubbies.

Okay, that's my spotlight for today. You are all wonderful beautiful people. Go watch these videos I've linked.

(Can someone please ask Arianna if she's still mad at me?)

No comments: